Robert Half Accountemps Purchasing in Riverside, California
Accountemps is seeking a temporary to hire Purchaser for a local manufacturing company in Riverside. This purchaser will be in charge of planning, organizing and supervising the comprehensive purchasing functions; overseeing daily activities including material shortages, buyers, material handling staff, and monitoring inventory overages. Negotiate terms and conditions with vendors achieving department objectives and goals within budget.
- Hands-on problem solver; extensive troubleshooting expertise. Sense of urgency, an ability to be able to prioritize daily tasks and issues.
- Seek and monitor cost reduction on all items we purchase, while maintaining deliveries on time, quality, and consistency on items.
- Purchase run tied, cycle count, service orders, maintenance orders, and vendor counts based on list of vendors assigned.
- Expedite the purchase orders, including daily back orders, open po's.
- Adjust inventories on all items as needed in Sage system to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Responsible for day to day issues with raw materials (NIS), material returns (RMA), and researching new vendors (as needed).
- Input items that are damaged or need to be repaired (DNO tags) in Sage; for the vendors that you are responsible for. Reorder items if needed.
Purchasing, Vendor Relations - Sourcing, Sage Software, Inventory Management