Robert Half International Senior Construction Accountant in Agoura Hills, California
Description Robert Half Finance currently has a full-time position open for an experienced Senior Construction Accountant to join their growing team.
Candidates should be skilled with the Microsoft Office, Excel and Sage 300 and recognize that detail oriented tasks are critical to a business’ long-term success.
• All payables, job costs and monthly loan draws to multiple Lenders and compliance agencies per project. Reconcile and maintain Company's Books and Bank Lender Statements and get corporate signature. Bill for fees when due (developer, general contractor, asset management, etc.)
• All project accounting and monthly financials for assigned projects.
• Budget (internal and lender) maintenance. Candidate inputs approved budgets, check all coding and maintain budgets for Project Managers and Construction Managers.
• Provide reports to CPA when a written check list of items needed is provided.
• Pay all property tax bills. Have them approved.
• Write journal entries with have detailed explanation and have them approved and signed by the Accounting Manager.
• Set up and maintain any due diligence projects assigned. Requirements - Ability to meet deadlines
SAGE 300 experience a plus
BA/BS in Accounting preferred
Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
Able to manage time well
Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
Great attention to detail
3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
SOX internal control assessments (Section 404) experience
Proficient in ERP systems
Skill with corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
Expertise in Job Cost
Comprehensive knowledge of Construction Accounting
Strong familiarity with Liens
Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.