Robert Half International Surgery Scheduler in ALBANY, New York
• Answers all incoming calls; assesses callers needs and directs to appropriate personnel.
• Pages clinic personnel as appropriate.
• Obtains and communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner.
• Schedules new patients and return appointments in computer system in accordance with physician and/or office guidelines.
• Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes; notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
• Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and computer.
• Maintains physicians' schedule: on call, vacations, meetings, etc.
• Schedules outpatient appointments/testing and hospital admissions upon request.
• Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
• Handles new patient referrals, gathers necessary information, assigns the patient account number and schedules appointment.
• Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
• Maintains primary office scheduling book containing all physician meetings, satellite schedule, rounding and call coverage.
• Handles incoming phone calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule appointments.
• Provides patients with accurate and legible appointment cards.
• Documents' no shows in patient's chart for missed visits.
• Follows up with patient to reschedule any missed appointments.
• Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
• Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.
• Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office.
• Covers for other front office functions as requested.
• Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor.
previous experience in medical scheduling, great Communication skills, detail oriented Phone Etiquette, Multi Tasking
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your nearest OfficeTeam location at 888.490.4154 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/officeteam to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $15.20 - $17.60 / Hourly
Location: ALBANY, NY
Date Posted: August 19, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 02880-0011535781
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative