Robert Half Systems Administrator / Engineer in ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico
Robert Half is looking for a Systems Administrator will primarily work with VMware virtualized servers running Windows Server 2012 in a multiple domain infrastructure and provide cyber security support.
This is a hybrid work schedule
Day to day duties include but are not limited to:
• Manages the day-to-day operations of our virtualized server environment to include monitoring system performance, configuration management, maintenance, patching, scripting, troubleshooting, and repair/recover;
• Manages the day-to-day administration of Active Directory including: creating, modifying, removing Windows security groups, file shares, folders, and file permissions;
• Manages the day-to-day enterprise messaging environments including: creating, modifying, or deleting of; mailboxes, distribution lists, mail contacts, and transport rules;
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the VMware hypervisor and VDI environments including maintaining availability, ensuring security patches are applied, and maintaining base system images;
• Installs and manages host computer operating systems, disk arrays, Ethernet switches, tape libraries, and other components;
• Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources;
• Develops procedures and documentation to support the server infrastructure environment;
• Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology by attending seminars, training or forums and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology;
• Contribute to and maintain security standards and system integrity;
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks;
Interviews are currently being conducted, for immediate consideration please apply
The successful System Administrator has:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a minimum of four (4) years of commensurate experience in systems administration;
• Minimum of 4 years of System Administration experience;
Experience with Vmware, AD/DS directory services and Storage arrays required;
• Current Microsoft certification (MCSA) and/or Current Microsoft certification (MCSE); Preferred;
• One or more of the following additional certifications: VMware Certified Professional (VCP), CompTIA Security+, SANS GIAC Security Essentials, or COMPTIA Network+.; Preferred;
REQUIRED CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE:
• United States Citizen
• Must be able to pass a DOE Q Clearance
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.