Robert Half International Accounting Assistant in Allentown, Pennsylvania
We are looking for a skilled Accounting Assistant to come work for an up and coming business in the Lehigh Valley. The Accounting Assistant will work directly with the Accountant to aid in general operations including, but not limited to, updating journal entries, creating spreadsheets, reconciling statements, and filing documents. If you are someone looking to dive in head first into the accounting industry, this is the opportunity for you. A detail-oriented person who holds themselves to high standards will thrive in this position.
• Verifies financial reports by running performance analysis software program.
• Evaluates financial budgets
• Creates expense reports, updates as needed
• Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
• Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
• Analyzes financial reports and spreadsheets to identify discrepancies
• Determines value of depreciable assets by running depreciation software program.
• Files away all documentation in appropriate areas to keep all information confidential
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer; processing backups.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
For IMMEDIATE consideration, please apply directly to this job posting or call 610-882-1600
Skilled in Excel and knowledge with QuickBooks (desktop, online, or both)
Any experience with similar software is a plus (PeachTree, SAP, ADP, Oracle, AS400)
Experience with Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable is a plus
Highly detailed work ethic and goal-oriented
Bachelor’s in accounting is not required but would be preferred
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.