Robert Half Cost Accountant in Amarillo, Texas
The Cost Accountant is responsible for specified responsibilities including inventory reconciliation, daily cost reports, purchase order reconciliation, and a variety of other basic accounting, bookkeeping, and administrative tasks. This position will be cross trained into multiple tasks/roles.
· Directly responsible for Plant Physical Inventory of Raw Material, Packaging and Finished Goods.
§ Manages all inventory so GL accounts tie to perpetual and physical quantities.
§ Ensures materials received are processed accurately and timely.
§ Verifies items issued to production recorded correctly in the General ledger.
§ Verifies all invoices are posted correctly.
· Cost Report
§ Reports cost of raw materials and labor.
§ Compares with budgeted raw material and packaging cost.
§ Updates BOMs and standard costs when appropriate.
§ Publishes report and facilitates daily conference call.
· Reconciles purchase orders daily for cash requirements.
§ Communicates with buyers to log future purchases.
§ Ensures future payments are reported on daily cash reports
· Facilitates month-end processing.
§ Produces, enters, and posts journal entries.
§ Verifies additional entries.
· Perform other tasks and roles as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Intermediate understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Intermediate computer skills (Access, Excel, Word).
· Experience in with an ERP software, DAX preferred.
· Ability to work independently.
· Able to work non-business hours for month-end, year-end closing.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
· Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing accounting required.
· Experience in food manufacturing preferred.
· Experience managing supply chain preferred.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.