Robert Half International Technical Engineer in ANKENY, Iowa
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proven supervisor and organizational skills and capabilities within transportation technology or electrical/electronic system installation, commissioning, inspection and troubleshooting/repairs.
• Ability to deliver high quality work while meeting short deadlines.
• Ability to build a team, mentor coworkers, and be a team player.
• Strong initiative, organizational abilities, attention to detail and completeness.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Installation, inspection and maintenance/repair of Transportation Technologies including but not limited to traffic monitoring devices, sensors, communications equipment, networking equipment, CCTV, computers, industrial controls, transmitters, and antennas.
• Assist in developing project budget, costs, and job estimates, schedule, and plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, risk assessments, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project.
• Ability to train and mentor Field Technicians.
• Oversight of task work orders, jobs, and Field Technicians as necessary.
• Assist the Management and administrative staff in the review and monitoring of technician service call reports
• Interact with customers and vendors to integrate new product applications and transfer relevant knowledge to a technical and field construction workforce.
• Ability to analyzes and interpret performance and test data.
• Work with Microsoft Office and other software applications.
• Ability to write/develop reports and business correspondence.
• Assist with production and delivery of daily and weekly customer reports.
• Effectively use industry related tools and equipment including, but not limited to Digital Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes, Earth Ground Meggers, and other electronic test equipment as required to perform work.
• Capable and willing to perform work at heights via the safe use of ladders, bucket trucks, and pole/tower climbing.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE
• Associates Degree in Transportation or Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or related field or equivalent preferred.
At least Three (3) years of supervisory experience.
• A minimum of Two (2) years or more technical experience relate-able to Transportation Technologies
• Three (3) years of computer experience with Microsoft suites of software (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Three (3) years of progressive increase in responsibilities in the workplace
• Understanding the practical applications of engineering science and technology applying principles, techniques, procedures and methods to the design, installation, and maintenance of field deployed systems.
• Traffic Data Collection and ITS technology experience is preferred with experience in the following road-side electronics, technologies, and/or products: Dynamic Message Signs, CCTV, RWIS, Vehicle Detection Systems, Highway Advisory
Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electronic Components, Field Technicians
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Location: ANKENY, IA
Date Posted: December 24, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 01500-0011598903
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT