Robert Half International Accounting Clerk in ANN ARBOR, Michigan
Description Accountemps is seeking an experienced part-time Accounting Clerk for a reputable non-profit organization located in Ann Arbor. This is an excellent potential long term opportunity for the right candidate seeking part time work only.
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for the following:
• Check records daily to identify new stock gifts. Accurately enter new gifts into the accounting system.
• Respond to charitable fund account total audits in a timely manner.
• Manage accounts receivable entry, performing all duties with accuracy and in a timely manner.
• Accurately enter account numbers and amounts for all interaccount transfers.
• Track Grantee uncashed checks. Make contact and work to resolve any that go beyond 6 months.
• Work with the Development Department to track late pledge payments and coordinate a reminder process.
• Help with other monthly close processes as needed.
• Support the Controller’s daily activities when she is away from the office.
• Assure that all invoices are paid in a timely manner. Assign accurate account and department coding in accounting system.
• Manage monthly credit card reconciliation. Compile supporting documentation for all credit card expenditures, assign accurate account coding, upload and post transactions for review by Controller.
• Create and send invoices as needed. Assure that all information is accurate and follow- up on any payments not received.
To be considered for the Accounting Clerk you must meet the following criteria:
● Attention to detail to ensure that tasks are completed on time, thoroughly and accurately with limited oversight.
● Embraces a “servant leadership” mindset and sets a positive tone in the office.
● Takes pride in providing outstanding care and service to both internal and external customers.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; has a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact assertively while maintaining a positive tone.
● Ability to organize, manage and complete a wide variety of assignments and tasks simultaneously.
● Enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
● Flexibility to adjust to new tasks should organization or office needs change.
● Has a team focus.
● Professionalism, diplomacy, and strong judgment, including respecting confidential and sensitive data.
● Has excellent analytical and positive, problem-solving mindset, including a sense of humor and the ability to effectively navigate potentially stressful situations.
● Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with colleagues.
● Ability to follow set procedures while seeking opportunities to improve processes.
● Excellent Excel skills and proficient with other office software (Microsoft Word, Gmail/ Outlook). Requirements - Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Spreadsheet and ERP system experience is ideal, but not required
Foundational knowledge in Accounts Receivable (AR)
Knowledge of Daily Cash Receipts
Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
Strong familiarity with numeric data entry
AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
Excellent data entry skills
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.