Robert Half Staff Accountant in ANN ARBOR, Michigan
Description Robert Half is looking to bring a Staff Accountant with exceptional organization skills and know-how into a growing organization in the Manufacturing industry located in Ann Arbor MI. This position is fully ONSITE and is a long term opportunity. Pay up to $25/hr.
Daily accounting procedures including:
• Processing accounts receivables (invoicing thru cash receipts and preparing of deposit for bank)
• Collections of unpaid balances
• Processing accounts payables from receipt of invoice thru payment, including matching receivers to invoices and determining which bills are ready to be paid.
• Cash management
• Special monthly AIA billings, contract reconciliation and all related legal paperwork including waivers, sworn statements and Notice of Furnishings to protect our lien rights
• Preparation of weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner
• QuickBooks (Premier edition)
• Excel proficiency required
• Subcontractor paperwork experience including processing of AIA’s, waivers, sworn statements, contract reconciliation, etc. Knowledge of lien process beneficial.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
In time, the clerical duties will be moved to a new accounting clerk and this job will evolve into the accounting manager/controller whose duties will include:
• Process bi-weekly payroll (ADP)
• Reconciliation of accounts (cash, credit cards, etc)
• Sales and use tax calculations and payment
• Certified payroll reports
• Monthly/quarterly journal entries
• Help prepare quarterly and year-end financial statements making sure all accounts are in balance and allocated properly. These reports will be sent to outside CPA for preparation of final published financial statements at year-end.
• Help in development of specialized software for our industry to create reports that will help our business.
• All other analysis and reports as required. Requirements Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), Journal Entries, Account Reconciliation, QuickBooks, ADP Online, Payroll, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks Premier
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.