Robert Half International Sr. Internal Auditor in Arlington Heights, Illinois
To apply for this position email your resume to Valerie Herron at Robert Half. Our client, a well known electrical contractor throughout the country has an opportunity for a Senior Internal Auditor.
Performs and leads audits for assigned areas of operations, including financial (60%), operational (10%) and compliance audits (30%), in accordance with acceptable audit standards and within stipulated schedules and budgets. Maintains effective working relations with financial and operational management.
The Senior Internal Auditor – District Audit Lead duties, within the general guidelines provided by the Director of Internal Audit (DIA) include:
• Performs audit engagements of reviewing organizational and functional activities to ensure risks are appropriately identified, associated audit procedures are applied and related controls are designed and operating to mitigate the identified risks.
• Assists in the identification of those activities subject to audit coverage, evaluates their significance and assesses the degree of risk inherent in the activity in terms of materiality, cost and schedule; Enacts thorough and practical knowledge of audit methodology techniques; Leads discussions to obtain detailed understanding of business or functional area processes, systems and applications.
• Prepares audit reports with the DIA for the assigned project; participates in communication with management about reports and related issues and recommendations.
• Assists with the testing and evaluation of annual SOX 404 assessments by validating the process controls to ensure they are designed and operating effectively and communicates any SOX 404 findings to the business owners effectively.
• Maintains multiple areas of the internal audit software (How-To documentation, District Audit information, Client Survey’s, Tickler File and other reports) – AuditBoard.
• Maintains annual calendar of internal audits throughout the year based upon approved internal audit plan.
• Inputs internal audit invoices through the JDE E1 platform for A/P processing.
• Assists the DIA in the development and maintenance of client relationships.
• Assists the DIA in mentoring and monitoring Staff Auditor.
• Monitors accomplishment of objectives directed toward increasing Internal Audit's ability to serve management in a professional, efficient and effective manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related degree. Professional certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required. A Certificate in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) is a plus.
• Three to eight years prior audit experience is preferred. Big 4 or “second-tier” (Grant Thornton, Crowe Horwath, McGladrey or BDO) public accounting or consulting experience preferred.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Date Posted: February 18, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01310-0011710363
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance