Robert Half International Accounting Manager/Supervisor in Arlington, Virginia
My client is a solar energy firm that is seeking an Accounting Manager to take on various general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and control improvement processes. They are an experienced, growing company that acquires, develops, constructs, and operates distributed solar assets across the United States. From a team comprised of industry professionals, their team has successfully launched a dedicated funding vehicle to own and operate community solar assets. This position reports directly to the Controller.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Perform monthly and quarterly accounting close, including managing income statements for 40 projects in development.
• Prepare standalone project balance sheet and income statements for asset closings
• Manage and perform routine accounting functions such as journal entry preparation for revenue, accounts payable, payroll, prepaid expenses, and debt transactions
• Manage the company’s lease obligations and update lease tracker for modifications
• Prepare a weekly accounts payable report showing near-term payment obligations, aging report, and forecasted liquidity needs
• Work with finance and operations group to provide ad-hoc accounting reports and analyze profitability against budget results
• Liaison with external auditors, tax specialists, and consultants on technical matters
• Support the CFO and Controller in preparing budgets and analyzing short and long-term liquidity needs
• Active CPA license
• 4 – 6 years of accounting experience with a mix of external audit and general ledger accounting experience at a for-profit company
• Experience with technical accounting topics such as revenue recognition, leasing, capitalization, and consolidation
• Experience with consolidation and intercompany activities, including operational, capital, dividend, and financing transactions.
• Experience recording transactions and generating reports from QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions or other similar general ledger systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Experience working with cross functional departments such as finance, treasury, operations, and legal.
• Experience in renewable energy, construction, or real-estate industries is preferable
• Strong problem solving and creative skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word tools
• Strong interest and curiosity with respect to the global energy industry and the Company’s business and operations.
• Ability to embrace innovation and change, and belief that there is always room for improvement.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is valuable
Comprehensive knowledge of accounting policy
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
3+ years of recent relevant financial experience
If you have interest in exploring this further please feel free to reach me directly.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Arlington, VA
Date Posted: February 4, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04510-0011695472
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance