Robert Half International Tax Director/Manager - Corporate in Arlington, Virginia
My client is a publicly traded energy firm in search of a Senior Manager, US Business Tax Planning role is responsible for the federal and state tax planning activities of their US based operations. The role partners with the M&A, business development, finance and other tax colleagues to lead all aspects of tax due diligence and structuring for new development opportunities, acquisitions and dispositions. The position also provides state and local tax planning support to the Corporate and International Tax Planning team. Key activities of the role include: performing research, and issue based analysis, supporting transaction execution, preparation of internal documentation, managing external tax advisors, coordinating with the tax provision and tax compliance teams, and presenting conclusions to tax and other finance leaders. Familiarity / interest in the unique tax and accounting financial modeling considerations associated with tax equity investment partnerships is required. This position reports to the Managing Director, US Business Tax and manages a senior associate.
• Responsible for complete and accurate tax analysis for any acquisition or restructuring related to investments in renewables. Responsibility for the critical assessment of advice from any external advisor, including external spend, in order to make M&A investment recommendations relating to the operation and growth of the US renewables portfolio and unique industry specific rules, while being mindful of best interests.
• Work collaboratively with finance, treasury and business development teams to provide high quality tax support for M&A and business driven transactions including application of unique industry specific rules.
• Work closely with the Directors of US Tax Reporting and JV Partner equivalent on technical tax issues outside of core transaction support work to ensure tax implications of business and tax driven transactions are timely communicated and appropriately reported in provision and tax filings.
• Manage US generation business planning activities as well as support regulated businesses in matters of tax.
• Responsible for proactive state tax planning and cash tax mitigation in the areas of corporate income and franchise, property and sale & use taxes. Support entire tax organization as it relates to the state impact of transitions, including our regulated businesses.
• Ensure ETR and cash tax savings are achieved in line with annual targets.
• Monitor and anticipate legislative changes to U.S. federal and state and local tax laws, identifying opportunities and adverse consequences.
• Build and manage team member, with a focus on accuracy and efficiency, and mentor other members of the US-Domestic tax team.
• Strong industry, HLBV, partnership tax technical, ASC740, modeling and compliance skills preferred.
• BS Accounting/CPA/MST or LLM strongly preferred.
• Eight years or more of experience; Big 4 accounting firm and large corporation tax department experience preferred.
• Excellent judgment and verbal communication skills; Ability to synthesize large volumes of information quickly and accurately to advise on economics of various strategic decisions; tailor information to convey, timely, the most relevant data and decision points with various audiences (e.g.JV Partners, Tax Equity, supervisors, tax peers and financing and business teams).
• Strong organizational, management and writing skills. Ability and desire to build a team that is the right scale while being mindful of risk, materiality and cost benefits.
Travel within the US may be required.
All interested applicants should respond by sending your resume to Ty.Smith@roberthalf.com.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $150,000.00 - $160,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Arlington, VA
Date Posted: November 5, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04510-0011612245
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance