Robert Half Network Engineer in Asheville, North Carolina
Responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring and managing the local and wide area networks of an organization to ensure maximum uptime for users. This role will include designing system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
· Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
· Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
· Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
· Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
· Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
· Arranging scheduled upgrades
· Investigating faults in the network
· Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
· Reporting network status to key stakeholders
· Degree and/or 4+ years of experience as a Network Technician, Admin, Engineer, etc
· Desired certifications: CCNA, CCNP, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Ruckus
· Ability to setup new network equipment and build out network infrastructure from scratch
· Successful implementation of WAN/ SD WAN solutions
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.