Robert Half Finance & Accounting Tax Sr. - Public in Athens, Georgia
Our client, an Accounting firm in the Athens, GA area is currently seeking a Tax Accountant for their growing team. The Tax Accountant will be responsible for assisting clients with tax and accounting services. The Tax Accountant oversee the work of bookkeepers and ensure the tax compliance and accounting needs of clients. Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial statements for clients
- Prepare and review income tax returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts
- Prepare and review other tax compliance returns, such as property tax and payroll tax returns.
- Prepare fixed asset reports
- Create tax planning reports, strategies and projections
- Research tax situations
- Research and respond to correspondence and notices from tax authorities
- Keeping up to date on current tax issues and tax practices
- Communicate directly with clients on tax matters, potential risks and opportunities of tax positions and changes in tax policy
- Build client relationships, marketing, networking and business development
- Identify opportunities in new and existing clients.
- Assist in miscellaneous projects as assigned or developed independently. For immediate consideration, email resumes directly to Nick Parker at email@example.com
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 844.539.2523 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Req ID: 00920-0010421675
Functional Role: Tax Sr.
Postal Code: 30606
Compensation: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting or graduate degree in accounting
- Masters of Tax degree a plus
- Thorough understanding of income tax laws as they relate to various entities
- Proficient with accounting/bookkeeping software including QuickBooks
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software, especially Excel
- Proficient in tax preparation software