Robert Half International Sr Corp Controller in Athol, Idaho
A well-established company in north Idaho is looking for a well-experienced corporate controller who will grow into the CFO in a couple of years-
The primary role is to serve as a financial business partner with key stakeholders, including the CFO, Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, the executive team, Regional Managers, Plant Superintendents, Department managers, HR and Payroll.
The Corporate Controller is a servant leader who is responsible for oversight of financial & accounting policies and practices by ensuring accuracy, consistency, and effective communications to safeguard the organizations assets and financial footing.
• Servant Leadership for the daily operations of the accounting department which includes all internal financial reporting, general ledger accounting, operational accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, GAAP compliance and internal controls.
• Ensure timely, accurate and efficient accounting policies and procedures across the organization to provide consolidated financial information which can be relied upon for integrity of the data
• Ensure consistency of accounting consolidations/reporting and adherence to policy, procedure, U.S. GAAP and other compliance matters including research, document and facilitate adoption of new U.S. GAAP accounting guidance.
• Ensures adequate training within Finance/Accounting staff and other internal stakeholders regarding policies, procedures, compliance and reporting
• Evaluate company processes, procedures controls and systems technology to determine the most efficient work process opportunities including new systems or expanded use of current systems. Continuous process improvement and automation within general ledger systems to eliminate manual processes.
• Responsible for an efficient month-end close process including adherence to close and reporting deadlines focused on optimizing process and completeness and accuracy of the Company’s financial statements.
• Oversee accounting for all asset acquisitions and business acquisitions to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and governance documents.
• Manage and oversee the supporting software utilized by the accounting department including but not limited to the general ledger, sales, purchasing, inventory, reporting and consolidation and other systems.
• Collaborate with FP& A to create and provide monthly management financial reporting decks and the budgeting process.
• Facilitate annual goodwill, intangible asset, and long-lived asset impairment analyses.
• Coordinate with Treasury/FP& A team to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements of debt and other agreements.
• Research, conclude and document company positions on technical accounting matters.
• Coordinate with external auditors and tax professionals. Ensure information is accumulated and assembled for audits and preparation of income tax returns.
• The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
• Certified Public Accountant, active or inactive
• 10 or more years of relevant experience
• Able to multi-task, follow-through, delegate, and prioritize well to meet deadlines.
• Able to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers
• Experience with multi locations/states reporting
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.