Robert Half International Database Administrator in Atlanta, Georgia
Robert Half Technology is looking for a database administrator who loves the challenge of solving problems with multiple layers of complexity. If you are an efficient problem solver with highly tuned decision making skills, this may be the position for you.
What you get to do every single day
• Install, configure, and maintain all SQL Server instances across development, staging, and production environments
• Ensure database server topology, configuration, and maintenance are designed and executed to meet SLA objectives
• Advise on database design, tuning options, and other potential issues
• Fix SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after hours and weekends
• Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
• Baseline system performance and monitor for deviation, recommending and implementing improvements to slow running queries
• When performance issues arise, you'll figure out the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
Ask for David Sheehan
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
What you bring to the role
• Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years database experience
• Strong knowledge of SQL Server
• Experience tuning queries to improve performance
• Previous experience in production environments and being on-call
• Experience building and maintaining documentation
• Storage and server hardware knowledge a plus
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Date Posted: October 13, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00900-9502722430
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT