Robert Half Network Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Network Engineers support the technologies that form the building blocks of scalable and resilient solutions that include, but are not limited to VPN, Firewalls, Switching, Routing, and networking. Engineers work as part of a team of skilled professionals that together deliver an excellent customer experience. This support extends to both dedicated hardware and virtualized solutions.
• 4 years’ experience in a customer support environment. Business to business support preferred.
• Working knowledge of networking concepts including VLANs, NAT, configuration, IPsec tunnels, VPN, and user creation.
• 4years’ experience with enterprise-class routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Experience with network infrastructure service designs, including TCP/IP, routing protocols, switching, GRE, IPsec and SSL VPNs, load balancing, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, NAT, network monitoring and troubleshooting tools, or packet analysis.
• Comprehensive troubleshooting skills across the OSI layer (Routing, Switching, and Firewall).
• Basic Understanding of OpenStack, VMWare and Hyper-V systems and tools.
• Basic understanding of web technologies such as Cloud infrastructure, IaaS, PaaS.
• Skilled understanding of configuring/maintaining network technologies.
• Understanding of logging to diagnose common issues.
• The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Detail oriented. Organized.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Available to work on a 6-month shift rotation Days, Mid, or Nights.
• Able to participate in an on-call rotation.
• Certifications preferred, CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA-Cloud, JNCIA-SEC, Palo Alto (PCCET, PCNSA).
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.