Robert Half Systems Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Apply today for the Systems Engineer position that Robert Half is filling! The Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting Windows Server based systems. This includes supporting the underlying infrastructure, including server hardware, Active Directory and virtualization methodologies. This position will be very strategic and forward thinking in order to improve technologies and services. Don't wait - apply today!
• Establish standards to actively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Be involved the design of information and operational support systems
• Stand by for 2nd and 3rd level support
• Track an assay application performance for potential bottlenecks, determine possible solutions, and collaborate with developers to achieve those fixes
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
• Oversee and follow up on all installed systems and infrastructure
• Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Hold up redundancy strategies, backup, and security
• Maintain, test, configure, and install application software, operating systems, and system management tools
Requirements - This position requires a candidate with proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
• Applicants should have experience with virtualization and containerization
• Applicants should have experience with monitoring systems
• Applicants who solid scripting skills are preferred
• We are particularly looking for candidates who have solid networking knowledge
• This position requires a candidate with experience with automation software
• This position will be the best fit for a candidate with solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
• Group Policy experience
• Adeptness in SANs (Storage Area Networks)
• DNS experience
• Proficiency in Active Directory
• Veeam experience highly desired
• Comprehensive knowledge of VMware
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.