Robert Half International Patient Accounts Collector in Atwater, California
We have a client in that is seeking a Patient Accounts Collector. As a Patient Accounts Collector you are a member of the Finance/Billing team who ensures that maximum reimbursement is obtained through coding, billing and collection for all services rendered.
• Update and maintain patient demographic and billing record database.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Insurance Payer types, i.e. Financial Class and Insurance carriers.
• Demonstrates knowledge of proper coding and processing of in-coming Explanation of Benefits and Remittance Advice from payers
• Demonstrates good judgment and decision making on claims follow-up. Ability to process the required number of claims per work week.
• Competently produces Open Aging items reports for follow-up on accounts balances over 120 days in Accounts Receivable.
• Competently corrects failed claims edits. Demonstrates ability to re-open failed claims daily.
• Competently writes off account balances exceeding specific programs bill limitation.
• Demonstrates ability to identify correct billing provider set-up in MegaView.
• Demonstrates ability to determine account credit balances and the proper correction process.
• Demonstrates ability to coordinate patient payment plans and follow-up.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of electronic claims submission and electronic remittance download.
• Demonstrates ability to act as trainer/mentor to Patient Account Representative and Patient Account Biller.
• Assist in other job duties assigned.
Medical Billing, Medical Denials
At least 2 years of Medical Billing experience, knowledgeable of medical billing denials, calling insurances, knowledge of 1500 & UB04 Forms is required.
Please contact Accountemps at 209.576.7107 today!
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.