Robert Half Accounts Receivable Specialist in Austin, Texas
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager in all aspects of the accounting function for the company with an emphasis on accounts receivable and collections. The position will handle all of the hands on accounting, assist with internal and external reporting and month end close.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process customer payments daily, exceptions must be communicated to the Accounting Manager.
· Process customer invoices on a daily basis via email, mail and fax.
· Handles customer related inquiries regarding payments, posting of payments to open invoices, potential overpayments and customer disputes.
· Contacts customers on a regular basis for payment status on outstanding invoices (B2B).
· Research and resolve billing issues.
· Provide administrative support to the accounting department.
· Prepare general ledger entries for review by senior staff.
· Perform a variety of special projects as directed by the Accounting Manager.
· Assist with month end closing and reporting.
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time and work on a computer.
· Cross-train to other functions within the department as directed by the Accounting Manager.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Travel less than 2%.
· Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred; may be offset by experience.
· 3-5 years’ experience in an accounts receivable role.
· Experience in manufacturing a plus but not required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Intermediate accounts payable and accounts receivable knowledge.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong problems solving skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft office products. Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365 a plus, but not required.
· Must have experience with a tier 2 ERP system.
· This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
· Competitive pay rate commensurate to experience.
· Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance as well as voluntary short-term disability and accident insurance. Additionally we offer a 401(k) Plan.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.