Robert Half Assistant Controller, Fund Accounting in Austin, Texas
The Property Accountant will be responsible for key financial information by preparing multiple sets of financial statements and reconciling accounts. This position is an essential role and will assist the company’s accounting department.
· Support cash projections, distributions, etc.
· Work on more advanced projects based on education and experience to help support the Controller and global team, including acquisition and set up of new business and dispositions, distribution schedules, capital schedules, tax support to CPA’s etc.
· Property Management Accounting, including monthly je’s, financial statements, schedules, and other various reports
· Provide key financial information by preparing multiple sets of financial statements and reports monthly to clients; balancing cash accounts, reconciling and rolling forward balance sheet accounts, ensuring proper coding of income and expense items.
· Special projects requested by Controller and COO
· Set up newly acquired properties, support sale processes
· Ensure proper business and accounting controls are in place and being followed. Provide additional support to the accounting team and to clients.
· Ensure tax entries booked, work with Director of Tax
· Balance Cash Accounts and prepare balance sheet reconciliations
· Review other team members work
· Work with Property Management Division Team
· Initiate correspondence with the bank as necessary, ensure bills and loans paid on time
· Prepare monthly loan draws when required
· Other projects requested by management and customer
3+ years accounting work experience, real estate accounting experience highly preferred
Oral and written communication
Accounting/Property Management Software (Yardi, MRI, Skyline), Excel, Word
GAAP accounting and other typical accounting methods, and Internal Controls/Audit
Ability to function in a leadership role on projects and particular portfolio
Excellent Customer Service Internally and Externally
BBA Accounting or higher preferred / CPA License Preferred
Critical Thinking for more advanced projects
Ability to do multi-tasking
Accuracy and Ability to meet deadlines are critical
Ability to work as a team member
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.