Robert Half International Associate General Counsel in Austin, Texas
Robert Half Legal is seeking a skilled Procurement Counsel for our client in the Austin area. This candidate would be working remote and it would be a temporary opportunity.
Provides legal services concerning procurement and contracting laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
• Drafts, reviews, and edits agreements, terms and conditions, forms, and other procurement and contracting documents.
• Negotiates contracts.
• Advises Legal & Compliance and business units on procurement and contracting issues, including on contract monitoring activities.
• Reviews procurement and contract documents for release in compliance with attorney general open records rulings or related court orders.
• Drafts procurement and contracting policies and procedures.
• Researches contract and procurement-related legal issues.
• Reviews bills and drafts bill analyses and other related informational documents during the legislative session on contracting and procurement-related legislation.
• Assists in developing training materials and providing training to agency management and staff regarding state contracting and procurement law.
• Provides general advice and assistance on other matters assigned to the Legal & Compliance Division.
• Conducts legal research with respect to assigned or referred matters.
• Prepares letters, memoranda, bills, or analysis for legislative consideration, policies, guidelines, procedures, contracts, and other materials.
• With outside counsel, represents the agency as assigned in litigation matters; researches and analyzes legal issues and prepares legal memoranda, pleadings, briefs, notices, motions, and orders; and gathers and reviews evidence, prepares discovery responses and affidavits, and otherwise assists in the defense or prosecution of litigation.
• Develops training materials and provides training to agency management and staff regarding public information laws and other areas of responsibility as assigned.
Requirements Global Procurement, Government Procurement, Compliance, Contracts, Contract Negotiation
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.