Robert Half Senior DevOps Engineer in Avenel, New Jersey
Senior DevOps Platform Engineer
Robert Half is actively looking for a Senior DevOps Platform Engineer who will bridge the gap between development, testing, change management and support teams to increase the flow of planned work while maintaining quality, reliability, scalability and security of Services using automation.
The Senior DevOps Platform Engineer will be responsible for the DevOps transformation strategy execution. The position will bridge the gap between development, testing, change management and support teams to increase the flow of planned work while maintaining quality, reliability, scalability and security of Services using automation tools, process controls and advocacy.
The company is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. The company’s divisions offer an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfilment solutions, international express, road, air and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 380,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, The company connects people and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global sustainable trade flows. With specialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences and healthcare, engineering, manufacturing & energy, auto-mobility and retail, the company is decisively positioned as “The logistics company for the world”.
Sponsorship Offered (no C2C)
· Orchestrate Build, Release and Deploy Pipeline strategies for CI/CD workflows
· Design Processes that improve the quality of changes and allow frequent, observable and auditable low-risk deployments
· Develop tools and automation necessary for managing infrastructure and for effective application and platform monitoring
· Mentor development, testing and support teams on DevOps tools and processes, function as a chief advocate to drive their adoption across the organization
· Explore, assess, propose and implement new tools in the DevOps toolkit that helps standardize the Plan, Build, Deploy and Operate cycle of software development
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
· 10 years of experience in a directly related field
· 5 years of DevOps Pipeline development
· 5-7 years of experience in Cloud platform engineering
· Experience with Cloud Native Concepts and hands-on experience with Openshift Build and Deployments, Kubernetes, Openshift Client and Azure is a must!
· Working knowledge of containerization (Docker), and supporting technologies
· Knowledge of Java build systems and tools including Gradle, Maven
· Experience maintaining automated build systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo
· Experience with Jenkins Declarative/Scripted Pipelines using Groovy
· Knowledge of artifacts repository management tools such as Artifactory
· Experience maintaining application clusters using configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Terraform
· Experience with code quality and security management tools such as SonarQube, Fortify
· Knowledge of web servers and load balancers such as Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, HAProxy
· Experience in Source control management such as Git
· A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do things manually
· Familiarity with ELK/Prometheus-Grafana for investigating or monitoring problems on systems
· Experience test frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG and integrating test automation into DevOps pipelines
· Knowledge of setting up and monitoring Kafka environments within Openshift
· Ability to use and build web applications using REST, JSON, or similar protocols
· UNIX and Linux shell scripting
· Experience working with agile software development project tools Jira and Confluence
· Proactive and solution-oriented individual
· Must have good oral/written communication skills
· Regular sitting at work station for 25 – 75% of the work shift
· Available for on-call support as required
· Frequent standing and walking
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.