Robert Half International Wide Area Network Administrator in Baltimore, Maryland
Robert Half Direct is partnering with a client seeking a Wide Area Network Administrator to join their team. Our client has 22 offices and 8 other sites with extensive LANs and wireless APs serving staff and over 186,000 customers. The combined networks provide services to over 2,500 PCs, iPads and other devices. The network administrator will plan, design and manage communication links between library networks, work with WiFi networks and computers to ensure remote and local access, connectivity and security.
• Designs, configures and manages layer 2 and layer 3 Routers and switches.
• Designs, configures and manages Wireless Access for all Pratt Locations.
• Configures and manages the VoIP system.
• Troubleshoots and resolves network problems
• Monitors the Pratt network infrastructure including switches, routers, UPS, wireless access points, VoIP and servers
• Performs VoIP system administration: configures new lines, modifies existing lines, voicemail, directory services (Applications) creates directories, associate with recordings and submenus, ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), creates documentation, tablet based telephony, and video conferencing.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer information technology, or a closely related information technology field
• Must have 3+ years of experience in administering a large, geographically dispersed WAN connecting multiple LANs.
• Equivalencies: An Associate's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or a closely related information technology field and 4+ years of experience in administering a large, geographically dispersed WAN connecting multiple LANs
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of routers, switches and related technologies and protocols (Layer 2, Layer 3, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, SMTP, SNMP) in WAN, MAN, and LAN environments
• Expert knowledge of Juniper and Cisco networking devices
• Knowledge of IP telephony (VOIP) preferably utilizing Avaya hardware
• Knowledge of server and storage systems (physical and virtual) and related services
• Skill in analyzing systems performance, defining, implementing and documenting hardware and software configurations
• Skill in resolving systems problems
• Knowledge of security and protocols, including firewalls, VPN, secure authentication, backup. Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing
• Skilled in excellent service to customers including external senior IT and administrative staff
- Required Licenses and Certifications:
• Juniper JNCP Routing and Switching or Cisco CCNP or equivalent training
• CCNP certificate preferred
• Microsoft Certification
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $72,000.00 - $92,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Baltimore, MD
Date Posted: November 13, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 31000-9502760590
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT