Robert Half Credit & Collections Specialist in BATAVIA, Illinois
Description Robert Half is looking for a Credit & Collections Specialist for a client in the western suburbs. The Credit & Collections Specialist will report to the Credit Manager. The Credit Collection Specialist is responsible for resolving overdue bills and collection payments from the individuals or business responsible for the debt and setting up acceptable terms of repayment to protect the financial assets of the employer.
• Monitor and identify accounts with outstanding debits
• Investigate historical data for each bill or debt
• Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
• Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
• Follow necessary steps to process payments and refund in timely manner
• Resolve billing and customer credit issues when they arise
• Communicate with sales department to maintain accurate and updated client accounts and payments
• Take needed actions to encourage timely debt payments with customers
• Update account status records and collection efforts for accurate information
• Report collection activity and account receivable status
• Locate debtors and contacting them via phone or email to address their overdue payments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong customer service skills both in person and virtually
• Self-motivated and functions well independently as well as within in a team
• Comfortable in multi-tasking environment
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Microsoft Office experience
• 1-2 years experience as a collection specialist or similar role
• Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
• Proven customer service experience
• Proficient with Microsoft office products
If interested, please contact Brian Keating at 630-836-7152. Requirements Collections - Commercial, Commercial Credit, Microsoft Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.