Robert Half International SOX Compliance Manager in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Our client in Baton Rouge is ready to interview for a SOX Compliance Manager to be responsible for the management of the organization’s compliance with the SOX and develops processes to ensure compliance with all SOX requirements. This position designs and administers internal controls over financial reporting and needs candidates with a solid background in statistical, analytical and organizational skills. Candidates should possess the ability to collaborate and build partnerships with multiple business units within a financial services company.
Everyday you will oversee:
• Creating and reviewing regulatory compliance documentation
• Coordinating the creation, review and implementation of policies and procedures resulting from new laws and regulations
• Applying and interpreting audit and compliance requirements for various departments
• Working closely with the compliance director and other senior executives
• Designing and coordinating the preparation and ongoing review of policies, procedures, training materials and other communication tools to ensure departments meet compliance requirements
• Coordinating regulatory exams and internal business unit audits
• Interacting with external auditors on matters related to audits of the organization’s internal controls
• Establishing self-audit and compliance monitoring programs
• Reviewing and assessing potential fraud activity and developing fraud detection tools
• Filing regulatory reports and other documentation
• Coordinating rollout and training of new or updated policies and directives when required
To be considered for an interview, candidates should have:
• Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA)
• Minimum 5+ years of internal audit, external audit, accounting, and/or SOX experience
• Prior experience in Big 4 Audit, publicly traded companies or the banking industry
• COSO, SOX 302 and 404 compliance subject matter expert
• Public accounting experience from a national firm
• Strong understanding of internal controls, particularly internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR)
If you possess these qualifications and would like to confidentially discuss, please apply directly or call Carrie Lewis, CPA at 504-383-0612. Thank you for your interest in Robert Half Finance and Accounting!
CPA or other pertinent certification, 5+ years of SOX - Sarbanes-Oxley, Internal Control, Sarbanes Oxley 404 Compliance
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.