Robert Half Sr. Accountant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Robert Half Finance and Accounting has partnered with a well-known and established energy services company in Baton Rouge to hire a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team and organization that is growing rapidly. This position offers a great deal of growth potential, competitive compensation, and a positive and upbeat company culture. Our client is also offering a very nice sign on bonus!
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the following each day:
• Prepare and record monthly journal entries
• Complete account reconciliations and resolve any identified discrepancies
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly/quarterly financial statements and reporting packages to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
• Assist in the development and preparation of presentations to communicate key financial information including historical and forecasted performance, documenting deviations from budget
• Explore and present opportunities to improve and streamline month end close and reporting processes
• Participate in the preparation of financial reporting for board of directors, auditors, energy projects, and special assignments
• Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner
• Assist Accounting team with a variety of tasks and special projects as requested
• Assist in the coordination of the annual audit
All candidates should have the following qualifications:
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, if Bachelor’s degree is in finance a Master’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
· Must have at least 1-3 years of experience in accounting, auditing, financial reporting, or financial analysis.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent Analytical skills and problem-solving ability
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative team player
· Self-Motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
For immediate and confidential consideration, please contact Hayley Euper at 504-383-0704 or apply today! Thank you for your interest in Robert Half!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.