Robert Half International Sr. Accountant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Robert Half Finance and Accounting has partnered with a well-known and established energy services company with a presence in Baton Rouge to hire a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team and organization that is growing rapidly. This position offers a great deal of growth potential, and a positive and upbeat company culture.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the following each day:
• Prepare and record monthly journal entries
• Complete account reconciliations and resolve any identified discrepancies
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly/quarterly financial statements and reporting packages to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
• Assist in the development and preparation of presentations to communicate key financial information including historical and forecasted performance, documenting deviations from budget
• Explore and present opportunities to improve and streamline month end close and reporting processes
• Participate in the preparation of financial reporting for board of directors, auditors, energy projects, and special assignments
• Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner
• Assist Accounting team with a variety of tasks and special projects as requested
• Assist in the coordination of the annual audit
All candidates should have the following qualifications:
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, if Bachelor’s degree is in finance a Master’s degree in Accounting is required.
· Must have at least 1-3 years of experience in accounting, auditing, financial reporting, or financial analysis.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent Analytical skills and problem-solving ability
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative team player
· Self-Motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
For immediate and confidential consideration, please apply directly. If you have any questions, please reach out to Hayley Euper at 504-529-2691.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.