Robert Half Public Works Director in Bell, California
• Implement and update CRC MI procedures, processes and plans for Fixed Equipment Mechanical Integrity Program.
• Lead and coordinate engineering assessments of equipment within the MI program in accordance with relevant CRC procedures, state and industry regulations, codes and standards
• Provide recommendation for immediate, temporary or permanent remediation and repair plans including initiation of the Management of Change process, if applicable
• Conduct risk-based assessments to drive recommendation, repairs and mitigation plans
• Drives and tracks the progress on the resolution for MI-related recommendations and repairs.
• Provide troubleshooting and analytical problem solving of critical or repetitive problems
• Maintain close integration and alignment of efforts with Operations, Maintenance, Facilities Engineering and other functions on activities involving equipment integrity, reliability.
• Coordinate and lead MI projects like pipeline smart pigging, special inspection projects, Turnaround inspection
• Support Deficiency Management and Deferral processes and procedures
• Drive understanding and compliance with local, state & federal regulatory requirements as well as CRC MI standards and procedures
• Coordinate Management of Change (MOC) process to implement facility changes aimed at improving process, improving operability, and reducing risk
• Evaluate and introduce new technologies and applications to maintain the value and usable life of stationary equipment
• Work with the rest of the MI group on projects related to identification of active and potential corrosion mechanisms as well as their mitigation, control, and monitoring requirements
Public Works, Municipalities, Strategic Planning, U. S. Government
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Materials Engineering or related discipline
• Five (5) years of experience in MI or related discipline in oilfield and gas processing or related industry
• Ability to produce quick and accurate results with limited data under the pressure of tight deadline
• Strong analytical, organizational skills and the ability to juggle several concurrent projects
• Ability to interact effectively with cross functional team members
• Strong ownership and leadership skills
• Must have a valid CA driver's license and a clean DMV record
• Masters of Science in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Materials Engineering or related discipline
• Experience with Industry design, construction and maintenance codes (ASME, API, NACE, etc.)
• Experience with Spotfire and/or database manipulation (SQL)
• Experience with Credosoft (or other inspection database management systems) and Maximo
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.