Robert Half Big Data Engineer in BELLEFONTAINE, Ohio
Description In this role, you will have experience in understanding retail and/or wholesale business processes in order to design, develop, and deploy dimensional data models for reporting and analytics. These qualifications will ensure reliability, scalability, and performance for our growing enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Create and maintain various database versions to model data to optimize database design and share relational data across various applications. Document data model standards and database diagrams. Work with cross-functional departments to coordinate the database changes in a timely and accurate manner.
• Utilize modeling tools to build and analyze databases and to develop logical and physical models to include relationships, constraints, attributes, and other modeling information to understand impact for proposed systems, and setup approved systems. Identify, troubleshoot and resolve data integrity and performance issues.
• Design data model structures that enhance the application performance through the development of aggregation and summarization structures. Document model structures (i.e., keys, indexes, constraints) and partner with cross-functional IT (i.e., Data Warehouse/Database Administration) for the process of data normalization and physical data base design.
• Gather and document business requirements and convert requirements into testable designs; and work with the business and application teams to refine design requirements on assigned projects.
• Maintain data reliability and integrity to eliminate data redundancy and to streamline the reporting platform. Maintain current knowledge of organization data uses to recommend improvements and maintain data integrity.
• Establish and maintain common data definitions (i.e., naming guidelines, standard abbreviations, naming conventions) for database users to eliminate data redundancy and improve data integrity. Document data definitions and coordinate data models, dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications.
• Provide technical guidance to the applications development team regarding database design to reduce risk of design issues. Interface with appropriate IT sub-departments and/or cross functional business areas to address concerns and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Participate in the development of project scope and milestones to meet assigned project requirements. Partner cross-functionally to meet deadlines and audit databases/reports, and work with management on critical issues.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Bachelor's Degree (Required) Computer Science Information Technology, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• Five (5) years of Information Technology experience in database modeling/relational database administration. Experience with and knowledge of creating Data Warehouse dimensional models, data modeling tools, principles and practices and related configuration management concepts.
• Programming PL/SQL and ETL development experience is necessary, Microsoft Azure (preferred)
• Experience creating logical and physical data models to optimize database design – experience in Erwin a plus.
• Experience profiling and retrieving data from business applications using a wide variety of database platforms.
• Experience with modern ETL/ELT tools (Talend/Matillion/Datastage) preferably in a cloud environment.
• Experience with version control systems (Git/SCCS)
• Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve data integrity and performance issues
• Background supporting retail or wholesale distribution would be advantageous Requirements Datawarehousing, Datastage ETL, Datastage, Database, Data Warehousing, Data Transfer, ETL - Extract Transform Load, Talend, Talend
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.