Robert Half International Cost Accountant in BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania
:Lehigh Valley company is seeking a cost accountant to come in and grow into a leadership role within the organization. This position is an integral part of Finance & Accounting team. The position reports directly to the CFO and works closely and collaboratively with the Accounting Manager & the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Associate. The role has primary accountability for inventory valuation, cost of goods sold, operational accounting and fixed asset accounting. The individual will also serve as business partner to the VP Operations and the Operations team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Accountable for proper inventory valuation (in accordance with GAAP, including slow moving/excess, obsolete and lower of cost or market reserves)
• Responsible for ensuring that monthly Cost of Goods Sold (Material, Labor and Overheads) are properly stated
• Take responsibility for adoption of ASC 606 (revenue recognition). Ensuring a process is in place to ensure that the monthly financial results accurately reflect sales, cost of sales and gross profit on a percentage of completion basis.
• Accountable proper accounting and distribution of departmental spending (including annual budgets and forecasts)
• Responsible for Fixed Asset Accounting and Capex reporting
• Provide decision support and analysis to the Operations Team (operational improvement, margin expansion, cost out, capex and working capital reduction)
• Primary responsibility for internal financial controls regarding inventory (existence, proper valuation)
• Coordinate physical inventory counts (full physical and cycle counts) and provide coordination between the operations team and external auditors.
• Finance Partner for the operations team
• Other responsibilities as assigned by CFO
If interested in this or similar positions, please send a Word version of your resume to Ned Kauffman through Linkedin.
Requirements, Skills, Experience
• BA in Accounting, Business Administration and/or Finance.
• 8 plus years’ experience. Cost and general accounting experience in an industrial manufacturing environment (or in combination public accounting experience)
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to correlate the impact of our manufacturing operations into the financial results
• Experience with general ledger, cost accounting, manufacturing/shop floor modules & functionality in an ERP system. Experience with SyteLine would be helpful, but not required.
• Experience with Sequal/SSRS report writer also helpful but not required.
• Good interpersonal skills and awareness as this position will interact with many functions and levels within the business (from shop floor to CEO)
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.