Robert Half International Patient Access Specialist in Birmingham, Alabama
Multiple Openings for Flexible Patient Access Specialist
OfficeTeam currently partnering with one of Birmingham's premier hospitals for Flexible Patient Access Specialist with in the Emergency Department. Patient Access Specialists must have excellent personal skills and be comfortable working with patients in a clinical environment. These openings are located onsite in the Main Admitting Department. The shift hours can start as early as 430am and end as late as 6pm. They will be working predominately Mon – Fri -- 8 hour shifts
• Interviewing incoming patients prior to admission to gather demographic, insurance and emergency information
• Ensuring completion of paperwork, sign-in and security procedures
• Explaining facility policies, preparing and distributing patient identification bands, and arranging for transportation to assigned rooms
• Additional duties may include collecting copayments, answering phones, assisting family members, and conducting research for prior medical records and account folders
What we're looking for
• Must have excellent typing and data entry skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong computer skills EMR is a plus but not required
• Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
• At least 1 year of Administrative Assistant experience preferred
If you are a self-starter who is passionate about supporting a dynamic and growing company and looking to thrive in a high paced environment, we would love to hear from you! Contact us now – this position will be staffed by the end of the week!
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $13.00 - $14.00 / Hourly
Location: Birmingham, AL
Date Posted: December 22, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 00100-0011652894
Staffing Area: Office u0026 Administrative