Robert Half Payroll Tax Analyst in BIRMINGHAM, Alabama
Robert Half Accounting and Finance is assisting a Birmingham company in their search for an experienced Payroll Tax Analyst. This position provides payroll tax service support to local and field representatives by responding to and researching payroll tax inquiries. Works with third party payroll tax provider on payroll tax issues. Includes specific responsibilities for ensuring the accuracy of preliminary and final payroll and tax reports. Monitors and reconciles payroll taxes at multiple levels within the organization.
• Establishes and maintains State and Local tax rates and information in PeopleSoft/Oracle
• Registers and maintains companies with taxing government agencies / tax processors.
• Assists with files and maintains incident reports regarding tax notices: i.e. Tax Assessment Notices
• Assists with audits of end of year information for W-2s and processing of W-2Cs.
• Researches and reconciles payroll taxes from prior periods
• Creates and maintains queries related to tax, unemployment, and incentives
• Communicates with field HR Associates and taxing agencies to resolve associate tax issues
• Works with BPO (ADP or other payroll processing agencies) on quarterly tax balancing and filing of tax returns in all applicable US jurisdictions.
• Assists with reconciliation of payroll tax reporting to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider
• Assists with audit and implementation of quarterly tax updates in PeopleSoft/Oracle
• Assists and completes special projects and research as needed
• Provides training and direction to HR team members as needed or requested
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
• Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications preferred
• One year of Corporate Accounting experience preferred
• One-year Payroll or Corporate tax experience preferred. Multi-state tax experience highly preferred.
• PeopleSoft Payroll Experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Must be able to work with team members
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.