Robert Half Total Rewards/ Benefits & Payroll Manager in Bloomington, Minnesota
Jason Pfieffer with Robert Half's HR Permanent Placement Practice is seeking a knowledgeable Total Rewards leader to join one of his reputable and growing clients. In this critical role you will be responsible for the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan. In addition, the role will administer the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other government regulations.
• Administer the company's benefit plans including the health plan, life insurance, long term disability and other benefits programs as defined
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
• Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices, as well as SOX compliance.
• Participate in the annual benefit renewal review in conjunction with the insurance broker, COO, and VP of HR
• Advises and informs employees of changes and developments related to benefits including eligibility, coverage, and provisions
• Answer employee questions about coverage; act as a liaison between the employees, third party administrators, and benefit vendors
• Enter all enrollment changes on vendor websites; adjust payroll premiums accordingly
• Distribute mandatory plan documents and notices in accordance with the DOL and IRS (Summary Plan Description, Summary of Material Modifications, HIPAA Privacy and other Annual Participant Notices, etc.)
• Stay up to date with healthcare regulations; compile data to file ACA reports, maintain compliance
• Reconcile monthly employee paid benefit billings to payroll records; calculate and submit payment for sponsored benefits; identify and resolve billing and/or payroll discrepancies that arise
• Administers employee savings plans that may include the company’s 401(k) plan and deferred compensation programs
• Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies
• Ensures the organizations and plans compliance with the applicable provisions of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA
• Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in compensation and benefits administration
• Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors
• Develop reports as required from the HRIS database
• 5-7 years of employee benefits and payroll administration
• UKG system experience preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please apply to be considered or reach out directly to Jason Pfieffer to review position profile - 612-446-5536 / Reference Search 02302-0012062940
Requirements 401k - RRSP Administration, Benefits Administration, Benefits Coordination, Health Insurance, HR Compliance, bi-Monthly Payroll, HRIS Payroll System, Payroll - 101 - 500 Employees
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.