Robert Half International Chief Financial Officer in Boca Raton, Florida
Strategy, Planning and Management
• Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
• Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
• Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
• Communicate, engage and interact with CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team.
• Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
• Select and engage consultants, auditors and investors.
• Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
• Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
• Interact with and bring department into line with Board of Directors’ plans, initiatives and recommendations.
• Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
• Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
• Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
• Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
• Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
• Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
• Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
• Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for federal funders, foundations, investors and company’s board of directors.
• Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
• Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
• Ensure compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
• Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
• Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
• Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
• Hire, develop and manage accounting staff
• Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
• Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Accounting Management and team
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA/MBA Preferred
• 10+ years total accounting or finance experience
• Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
• Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
• Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
GAAP Accounting, US GAAP, Financial Reporting, Internal Financial Reporting, Monthly Financial Reporting, Annual Financial Reporting, Month End Close, Year End Closings, Audit - Financial, Audit - Operational
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Date Posted: August 19, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01090-0011535555
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance