Robert Half International Attorney Recruiter in Boston, Massachusetts
Description PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Plans, manages, and attends the Boston office legal recruiting events programs, including summer and fall recruiting programs; coordinates on-campus and in-office interview schedules; compiles and maintains statistical data, charts, reports, and NALP forms.
• Participates in all National Legal Recruiting Department calls to stay abreast of firm-wide recruiting initiatives and procedures as well as share regional updates.
• Works closely with Hiring Committee to establish hiring strategies, create materials and reports, communicate directives and schedule and attend meetings.
• Coordinates and oversees lateral hiring as needed and develops and maintains relationships with search firms and career counselors at area law schools to fill lateral hiring needs. Schedules in-house interviews and prepares interview schedules.
• Maintains candidate files. Enters information in the Firm’s recruiting database and ensures prompt response to all letters.
• Oversees requisite pre-hire checks, including conflict checks for summer and new associates.
• Oversees the process of attorney onboarding and new-hire orientation, including scheduling onboarding meetings and training.
• Participates in National Professional Development calls and coordinates and oversees professional development initiatives for the Boston office, including new associate orientation and activities associated with the mentoring program.
• Liaise with Directors of Legal Recruiting and Professional Development as necessary to ensure appropriate approvals are given and policies are followed related to their respective departments.
• Prepares annual Legal Recruitment, Professional Development and Firm Entertainment budget lines, as well as periodic reforecasts of same. Manages expenses appropriately and is able to explain any variances. Approves invoices and provides backup for monthly Recruiting AmEx charges in a timely manner.
• Regularly communicates with Director of Administration to discuss recruiting processes, workflow, suggestions and/or concerns.
• Develop and maintain excellent customer service relationships with candidates, vendors and Weil attorneys, managers and support staff.
• Works with Administrative Services Specialist to contribute monthly newsletter items and updates necessary for the Portal.
• Assists with other Boston office and/or Firm event planning and special projects, when needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum of three (3) years legal recruiting experience preferred.
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and within budget
• Self-starter; ability to remain self-directed and self-motivated with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
• Flexibility to work overtime as needed (significant overtime during summer/fall).
• Must be open occasional (2-3 times a year) travel.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Excellent PC skills.
• Makes appropriate and timely decisions within area of responsibility.
• Speaks and writes clearly and accurately; actively listens and responds to the needs of others.
• Without direction, anticipates needs and seeks alternatives to situations.
• Respond actively, thoroughly and courteously to the needs of clients and internal requests within the Firm; volunteers time and knowledge; works effectively and willingly with others. Requirements Recruiting Activities
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.