Robert Half International Controller in BOSTON, Massachusetts
You're a good fit for Robert Half's Controller position with a reputable company in the Construction/Design & Build space, if you have a knack for leading with high standards, positively motivating others, and making critical decisions and have experience taking charge of an accounting department. The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations for the company, including the production of all financial reports, maintenance of adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budget designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
· Prepare monthly financial statement with written analysis, budget to actual reports, trending reports and other analysis.
· Present monthly financial statements to management
· Supervise one Senior Accountant
· Prepare monthly and quarterly financial analysis, general ledger reconciliations, and analytical reports
· Manage all aspects of Job Costing with Project Managers to ensure accurate job forecasts, backlog and revenue recognition entries
· Responsible for billable rate analysis and utilization calculation
· Keep track of monthly bookings and complete commission calculations
· Coordinate year-end audit with third party independent auditors
· Coordinate all state and federal tax filings with third party accounting firm
· Analyze financial information and advice management on short-term and long-term financial objectives
· Assist the CEO on special projects and drive the implementation of process improvements
Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment within a Design, Construction, Engineering, Architectural company or similar with WIP/percentage completion accounting for projects
5-7+ years of progressive accounting experience, with prior Controller experince in a smaller organization
CPA or MBA preferred but not required
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
*Please note that this role will by hybrid with 2/3 days in the office and 2/3 from home. If someone lives in NH or RI with all the relevant experience they may consider fully remote.
To be considered please apply here but if you have any questions please reach out to Jackie Tabraham on LinkedIn.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.