Robert Half International Controller in Brentwood, California
Jim Park (email@example.com) is looking for an achievement-oriented Controller to join a well-respected services company. This is a leadership role with responsibility over a small accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This company offers a very competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package along with strong career growth. We are seeking an individual for this role who is able to motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; exhibit integrity, reliability, and leadership; and is capable of providing exceptional client services by managing self and others by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also be responsible for key decision making and the ability to challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a part of the leadership team, you will lead the generation of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive; challenge the status quo; and foster creativity throughout your area of responsibility.
Role & Responsibilities
• Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, payroll
• Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
• Prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, daily cash management
• Drive the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to ensure the timely cash collection
· BS in Finance/Accounting, CPA preferred but not required.
· Some public accounting experience preferred but not required.
· 8-10+ years of experience with some supervisory experience.
· Construction, Homebuilder and/or Services Company industry experience
· Good understanding of job costing, month-end close, and financial reporting.
· Strong understanding of GAAP financial statements
· Pro-contractor or similar software
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Brentwood, CA
Date Posted: September 22, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04692-0011534865
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance