Robert Half International Security Architecht in Bridgewater, New Jersey
The Security Architect will be responsible for designing, implementing and performing day-to-day support of security and appliances (virtual and physical), as well as collaborating with other engineers and operations teams in resolving all security issues.
This individual will be directly accountable for significantly contributing to the overall technical architecture, stability, resiliency and general health related to security solutions.
SCOPE AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Security Architect responsibilities will include:
• Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and administrating the company’s security hardware and software solutions;
• Evaluating the current security architecture to recommend upgrades and improvements and continue monitoring and support;
• Support all virtual and physical security appliances in high-availability environments that span multiple data centers and physical locations;
• Creating, maintaining and updating operational documentation of client security infrastructure, communication flows, and routing necessary to support the environment;
• Proactively monitoring security systems and performing preventative maintenance and security updates to prevent performance impacts to systems and business functions;
• Managing client security solutions, configuring and tuning hardware and software to ensure optimum network performance and resource availability;
• Participating in disaster recovery tests, planning and solutions;
• Support operational teams when new systems or servers are introduced or new clients are on boarded;
• Planning and execution of any hardware migrations that pertain to firewalls Intrusion Prevention and network solutions;
• Establishing and maintaining processes and models to discover and security incidents detected by network security appliances;
• Applying troubleshooting and root cause analysis methodologies to resolve security incidents detected on the network;
• Designing, planning and implementing projects as required supporting the day-to-day production requirements and disaster recovery initiatives.
• Work with MSSP on security incident tickets as needed
• Vulnerability and Patch Management
• Disaster Recovery planning as required
• Privileged Access Management
• Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) based security solutions
• Knowledge of majority of Cisco firewalls, ISE
• Monitoring and logging, and SIEM
• Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and administrating the company’s
network security hardware and software solutions;
• Current network security architecture to recommend upgrades and
• Establishing and maintaining processes and models to discover and security
incidents detected by network security appliances
• Planning and execution of any hardware migrations that pertain to firewalls
Intrusion Prevention and network solutions
• Work with MSSP on security incident tickets as needed
• Managing client security solutions, configuring and tuning hardware and
software to ensure optimum network performance and resource availability;
• Data Classification
• IT Records Retention
• Manage SDLC as required.
• Ensure HIPAA compliance throughout IT security is a plus but not required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SETS PREFERRED
The ideal candidate is well-experienced with security solutions, with deep knowledge
and understanding of the following products and other technology as follows:
• Cisco Source Fire or IPS equivalent
• Cisco IronPort or equivalent
• Cisco ASA or Palo Alto firewalls
• McAfee SIEM or equivalent
• Qualys or Rapid 7 products
• McAfee EPO
• Cisco ACS or ISE
• Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems experience preferred
• Strong coordination skills
• Logical thinking and analytical ability
• Aptitude in solving problems independently
• Strong verbal and written communications
• Process and project management experience, a plus
• Sound decision-making ability Will abide by departmental policies and
procedures, including authority levels,
• Understanding of frameworks and standards, such as SANS Institute Critical
Security Controls, ISO/IEC 27001/2, COBIT 5, NIST, OWASP, and Risk
Management Frameworks, as well as Privacy Act and other rules and
• Understanding of cyber-security principles such as encryption ports, protocols
& services, policies, procedures, physical security, risk management,
configuration management, ethics, access control, security architecture,
continuity of operations, contingency planning, application security, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, security or a related discipline a plus
CISSP, CEH, Security+ or equivalent certifications a plus.
5 + Years in the information security field.
For immediate consideration; please send resumes to email@example.com
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Date Posted: November 3, 2020
Employment Type: Temp to Hire
Job Reference: 02720-0011244863
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT