Robert Half International Business Analyst in Brighton, Massachusetts
The Workday Business Systems Analyst, under the supervision of the Director of Financial Systems, will be responsible for analyzing complex business problems and recommending processes, controls and system solutions on the cloud-based business platforms used at this company. These platforms include Workday, Adaptive Insights, and Salesforce applications. In this role you will plan, lead, and execute to deliver business value for high-impact projects related to Finance and other departments. You will take an active role in leading cross-functional teams, focused on delivering business capabilities from idea through successful release and transfer to operations.
· Isolate and resolve system issues including case logging, testing, and resolution with Workday Customer Support
· Support integrations – collaborate with functional leads and external vendors to resolve issues quickly
· Participate in testing for new functionality or fixes delivered via weekly service packs or cyclical upgrades
· Utilize Workday Community effectively
· Provide functional expertise in Workday financial modules including: Expenses, Procurement, Payroll, Financial Accounting, Cash and Banking, Customer, Supplier Accounts and Grants, Projects, limited HCM/Benefits/Compensation.
· Support Workday reporting function by developing complex reports (Advance, Matrix, Composite, etc.) and custom fields, maintaining report schedules, testing, and categorizing and management of report inventory
· Use Workday EIBs to transfer data and reports
· Respond to external report requests, provide guidance and expertise to less experienced report developers
· Lead on the development of dashboard and analytics
· Perform periodic security reviews to ensure the appropriateness of roles and adherence to compliance and audit requirements (e.g., segregation of duties).
· Maintain business process configuration and related condition rules
· Develop and manage system audits and protocol for data validation
· Develop proper documentation for all processes and process changes
· Create and maintain all training materials
· Work with Director to identify ongoing training needs and design and deliver additional support as required
· Work with functional leads to create and update training materials to support new or updated functionality
· Draft and send Workday communications to end-users
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business/ Accounting is required
3+ years of experience
Must have Workday Financial experience
Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, data management, and complex report writing skills.
A demonstrated understanding of accounting, internal controls, and business processes. Knowledgeable about payroll and payroll tax calculations and salary allocations.
Knowledgeable about payroll and payroll tax calculations and salary allocations. Self-starter with a solid ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment.
Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills are necessary to interface with all organization levels from end-users to senior management.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.