Robert Half Accounts Payable Clerk in BRIGHTON, Michigan
Description Robert Half has an exciting opportunity. Become an integral part of a rapidly growing team at a company in Brighton, MI as an Accounts Payable Specialist. This position is also responsible for transactional tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of certain company payables.This is a hybrid role and long term and pays up to $24/hr.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties for the Accounts Payable Specialist:
• Completes invoicing process: sets up invoices for payment in accounting system, reviews for accuracy, obtains approval, sorts and matches with manual check requests
• Processes payables: Codes and enters into accounting system, communicates with vendors regarding status of payables and open issues. Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
• Completes account reconciliations.
• Manages payments to vendors with multiple payors.
• Builds vendor relationships: completes setups, file maintenance and reconciliation, corresponds with and responds to inquiries, resolves discrepancies
• Check processing: processes, prints and assembles checks and check runs, processes manual requests with data entry, obtains proper signatures
• Mailing checks and filing documents as needed
• Maintains 1099 process
• Researches requirements and retains appropriate vendor insurance
• Prepare analysis of accounts and assists in month-end closing, produces monthly or other reports as needed
• Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization
• Performs other similar or related duties as necessary
Must meet the folliowing criteria to be considered for the Accounts Payable Specialist:
• 4+ years of payables experience.
• Yardi experience a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Organized with attention to detail.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong independent judgement and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Strong work ethic
• Unending curiosity and accountability
• Ability to work independently and with a high level of autonomy and discipline.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Requirements Accounts Payable (AP), Microsoft Excel, Yardi, Scanning, Filing, Data Entry
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.