Robert Half International Cost Accountant in Bronx, New York
Bronx based manufacturing/distribution client is looking to hire a Cost Accountant to their team. This individual will lead and support activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation
Position will be located full time at their Bronx location, this position is NOT remote.
• Develop and support the cost accounting function ensuring all costs and standards are updated and correct
• Formulate and establish labor and overhead standards and update related financial reporting systems
• Provide impactful financial analysis related to production and material costs, including management of overhead expenses, for the different production rooms in the facility in order to support decision making
• Analysis of actual production costs, including comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Prepares estimates of new and proposed product costs
• Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
• Assist the Plant Controller in the analysis of monthly and quarterly business results, and the development of detailed forecasts and annual budgets
• Ensure validity and accuracy of financial systems through analysis and coordination with production teams
• Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
• Perform accounting close activities related to cost accounting
Please send resumes to email@example.com
• Bachelors in Accounting/Finance
• 3+ years of experience in Cost Accounting
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Bronx, NY
Date Posted: October 30, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02940-0011607515
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance