Robert Half Property Accountant in Burlingame, California
Robert Half is working with a family-owned real estate company looking for a property accountant! If you have at least two years of accounting experience, please apply!
Act as front of the office for Property Management Accounting occurrences. Field questions from
vendors to appropriate parties. Manage each property’s account financials - from rent collection,
to bill payment, to owner distribution, to owner reporting.
● Open mail, sort bills and payments. Scan all bills and add to system.
● Process bill payment for approval
● Maintain documents in database for tax purposes
● Full vendor communication, including ensuring that tax documents are received prior to
payment (w9, etc.)
● Control monthly cycle of accounting events on the property management side and
interpret bills and reports to owners as needed
● Invoice commercial tenants once a month, maintain the ledger of payments
● Return security deposits to tenants at move out, according to maintenance team
recommendation. Form a system around returns within the 21 day period
● Prepare 1099’s at year-end
● Maintain insurance policies and ensure declarations are filed for both owners and tenants
● Reconcile each property’s account each month
● Run journal entries for liabilities and accruals
● Manage projects as requested, but report directly to President specifically.
● Walk to surrounding banks as necessary
● Point person for property manager for all financial questions
● Own each property’s rent roll and follow up on delinquent accounts
● Act as liaison for various housing authority tenants
● Input new properties and set up their rent roll, lease documentation, and account per
● Send each owner their monthly statement as lined out in property management
● Open utility accounts during periods of vacancy as needed
● Eventually take on special projects; development and execution
The best candidate for this position will have a can-do, self starting attitude. Various issues come
up at any day and at any time, this employee will tackle all tasks with ultimately an efficient rate of
completion. The employee will need to work well without much supervision or direction
Requirements MS Excel, Yardi, QuickBooks
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.