Robert Half Grants Financial Officer - Pre-post award! in Cambridge, Massachusetts
For fastest consideration, send your resume to Jackie.tabraham@roberthalf :com
If you have a finance background and possess strong communication skills, you may qualify for this Financial Grants officer role via Robert Half. Join the expanding team at an exciting Education company to become a subject matter expert providing guidance to faculty, staff and researchers on a wide variety of financial matters. Tasks include performing complex pre-and post- award sponsored research administration. You will join a dynamic team based in the greater Boston area.
· Provide support to faculty and advise on all matters pertaining to financial management of an assigned portfolio, which will include managing sponsored, non-sponsored, and general accounts according to the terms
· Utilizing the COEUS award management module for proposal preparation and processing; performing initial award set-up
· Perform complex pre- and post-award sponsored research administration
· Monitoring the financial performance of grants/contracts to ensure compliance
· Meeting regularly with principal investigators (PIs) to advise on all aspects of research administration
· Preparing financial analyses and forecasting; preparing and submitting forms and financial reports
· Monitoring and managing effort distribution and certification
· Analyzing and tracking cost-sharing and under-recovery
· Ensuring timely and appropriate accounts close-out
· Collaborate on analyzing and implementing processes and improvements to financial operations
· BS Degree and with 4-5+ years of direct/related financial/accounting experience
· Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Prior Pre and Post award grants experience
· Proficiency with SAP, Cognos, Brio, and Excel (or similar accounting software or financial portals)
· Ability to learn changing technologies related to grants and contract management
· Financial administration experience in a university/hospital/nonprofit organization
· Knowledge of Uniform Guidance, NIH, and other federal sponsor policies
Why work here:
Great culture and team, tenure!
Working on process improvements, someone could influence this.
Please note, this position will be required to be in office 3 days per week
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.