Robert Half International VMware Systems Administrator in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Robert Half Technology is seeking a Systems Administrator to deliver value to our customers by supporting and maintaining a broad range of IT solutions. This position will require a flexible person who learns quickly, likes to use many different technologies, and has a solid foundation of IT knowledge. This experience and knowledge will be used to support our customers in a meaningful and value-driven way.
A successful Systems Administrator combines technical skills and experience with equally important customer-centric soft skills. Technical responsibilities include implementation and troubleshooting, a motivation to learn new technologies, and industry certification. In addition to technical responsibilities, this individual works directly with customers to explain infrastructure technologies, guide them through requirements gathering, and work with the client'ss team to formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services.
• Performing IT systems administration and engineering
• Taking ownership of client network health and reliability through proactive maintenance and audits
• Implementing new technologies
• Working with company leaders to develop and lead the implementation of roadmaps for clients to standardize and drive innovation
• Work with other team members for a complete IT department delivery – provide Enterprise Level Service
• Reviewing reports for system health, trends, and open items for clients – seeking to ensure client environments are performing well and aligned with business goals
• Addressing reactive desktop, server, and network issues and assisting the greater team in resolution
• Participating or Leading client projects implementing new technologies
• 2+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or Systems Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
• Understanding of the market, business, and technical requirements
• VMware vSphere 6.5+
• Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
• Ability to effectively manage one’s own time
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Active Secret Clearance with the ability to be approved for TS/SCI clearance
• US Citizenship
• Experience with:
o STIG / SCAP
o ATO process
• Security+ Certification
• VMware Horizon / Workspace One Experience
• Industry certifications:
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Salary: $40.00 - $50.00 / Hourly
Location: Cambridge, MA
Date Posted: December 21, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 00700-0011623385
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT