Robert Half International Procurement Manager in CANTON, Ohio
dlhBOWLES has an exciting opportunity for a newly created position of Procurement Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for leading, planning and coordinating all material purchasing functions. You will need to plan and manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements, and to oversee the review and negotiations of purchase price, quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials. The management position requires a full understanding of the existing processes in place, with the ability to improve processes and workflow. This role will report to the Director, Supply Chain Management.
· Develops and maintains accepted purchasing methods and records in accord with prescribed laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
· Supervising a purchasing team through the efficient utilization of resources to accomplish established goals and objectives.
· Support budget planning activities, as necessary.
· Establish and maintain appropriate KPI’s and reporting to ensure achievement of targets and objectives.
· Work closely with company authorized legal representatives to make sure contracts and terms are favorable to company objectives and that all commitments (costs, timeframes, etc..) and impacts are fully understood and are favorable and acceptable.
· Develop risk management procedures and plans to mitigate supply risk.
· Stay current with appropriate market indexes and indicators to facilitate cost negotiations and to predict future cost trends.
· Establish and maintain supplier selection criteria and on-going supplier monitoring procedures. Reviews opportunities for new supply sources and the suitability of materials offered.
· Effective use of company ERP system to facilitate optimum balance between risk, inventory levels, and on-hand inventory costs.
· Effective interaction with the various departments within the organization to remove constraints and achieve desired objectives.
· Responsible for acquiring materials, supplies, and services to fulfill the needs of the Corporation.
· Establish appropriate inventory levels and co-ordinates purchasing activity with other departments to maintain inventory at planned levels.
· Follow’s up on orders through fulfilment. Escalates as needed to sustain supply.
· Remain knowledgeable of all government contractual requirements for the purchasing department and ensure compliance.
· Lead, coach and develop the procurement team.
· Proficient in MS Office applications; ERP experience is a plus.
· Minimum 3-5 years in materials/supply chain function/buying/purchasing; preferably in automotive.
· At least 1 year of previous supervisory experience leading and developing a team of professionals.
· Must be a self-motivated individual; displays ability to work in highly productive, constantly changing environment.
· Solid leadership skills; able to lead by example; decision-maker.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and negotiation skills required.
· Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
· Strong negotiation skills
Requirements Purchasing Procurement, Purchasing Strategies, Procurement Management
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.