Robert Half Packaging Engineer in CARY, Illinois
One of Robert Half's Fortune 500 Medical Device clients is hiring a Packaging Engineer for a hybrid role based in Cary, IL. If you have previous experience designing packaging of medical devices, apply today!
This this role, you will:
• Drive continuous improvement and assessment of current usability validation procedures and Voice of the Customer input and identify best practices.
• Develop packaging components that improve the customer experience, working with a drafter to develop 3D models and Artwork.
• Demonstrate development life cycle knowledge through delivery of high quality deliverables.
• Work cooperatively with quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, marketing, R& D device designers, supply chain, vendors, and distribution centers - across geographies -- to ensure project success.
• Build Quality into all aspects of product development and support by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements and leading improvements and development of solutions that make it easier for the organization to maintain compliance in complex areas (such as ever-evolving regulatory requirements worldwide).
• Support audits, non-conformances and CAPAs as needed.
• Lead small- scale Packaging projects or co-manage large-scale programs to drive changes across the portfolio
• Mentor or supervise technical staff as needed.
• Role-model a high level of service and responsibility in managing a high and varied workload from internal clients and working to tight timelines.
• B.S. degree in Packaging, Industrial, Mechanical engineering or applicable technical field.
• 5+ years of experience
• Medical device industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience in medical device, biotech or pharmaceutical packaging design development.
• Demonstrated experience in resolving design and process related packaging issues on commercial products
• Functional knowledge of Design Controls and Industry standards in Packaging Design (11607, ASTM, ISTA)
• Experienced in Statistical Analysis, interpretation and communication of results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong technical capabilities and project management capability to develop aspects of assigned projects on time and within budget.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.