Robert Half Accounts Receivable Supervisor/Manager in CARY, North Carolina
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is an integral member of the Central Finance group leading invoicing, collection and cash application activities for Shared Services. This position will ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures in addition to preparing departmental and individual performance objectives which align with company strategies. This role is also responsible for SOX compliance, general ledger reconciliation of AR related accounts, reporting and communication of results and the corresponding analysis. This role partners with customer service, sales, accounting and senior business leaders to deliver exceptional cash management and business process improvements.
Primarily responsible for providing direction and oversight for the timely and accurate delivery of billing, collections and cash application activity and dispute resolution. This position ensures that department goals are aligned with the corporate business strategy and processes are continually reviewed for improvement.
Supervise the Accounts Receivable team and day to day activities of the department
- Oversee all collection activities while evaluating the continued effectiveness of current collection policies Provide coaching and training for collection team to maintain a high degree of technical competency Serve as liaison with internal departments and represent Accounts Receivable in meetings as necessary
- Prepare journal entries and perform general ledger account reconciliations and analysis. Provide routine and ad hoc reports and research to support management
- Lead Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and reinforce internal controls
- Participate in preparation of internal and external audit materials and on strategic and cross organizational projects and assist with special projects as needed
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 3 years relevant, applicable and transferable Accounts Receivable experience in a corporate (B2B) and/or Shared Services environment. In addition, a minimum 2 years supervisory experience and minimum 2 years accounting experience
- Excellent analytical and decision-making ability. Strong financial business acumen and organization-wide perspective
- Ability to present and interact professionally with all levels of employees, internally and externally. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, managers and customers
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines Proficient with Microsoft Excel at an Intermediate level or above (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.) is required Working knowledge of major ERP system, SAP is preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.