Robert Half Data Engineer in Cary, North Carolina
· Define and extract data from multiple sources integrate disparate data into a common data model and integrate data into a target database application or file using efficient programming processes
· Document and test complex data systems that bring together data from disparate sources making it available to data scientists and other users using scripting and/or programming languages
· Write and refine code to ensure performance and reliability of data extraction and processing
· Lead requirements gathering sessions with business and technical staff to distill technical
requirement from business requests
· Develop advanced SQL queries to extract data for analysis and model construction
· Own delivery of large complex data engineering project
· Design and develop scalable efficient data pipeline processes to handle data ingestion cleansing transformation integration and validation required to provide access to prepared data sets to analysts and data scientists
· Ensure performance and reliability of data processes
· Document and test data processes including performance of through data validation and verification
· Collaborate with cross functional team to resolve data quality and operational issues and ensure timely delivery of products
· Develop and implement scripts for database and data process maintenance monitoring and performance tuning
· Analyze and evaluate databases in order to identify and recommend improvements and optimization
· Design advanced eye-catching visualizations to convey information to users
· Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience with Data Integration Data Warehouses Operational
· Data Stores Data Lakes and Big Data platforms
· Direct experience with at least one ETL development language/technology such as AbInitio
· DataStage Informatica Python R
· Advanced SQL knowledge and experience with database technologies such as DB2 Teradata Snowflake AWS
· In lieu of degree 7 years of the experience as stated above.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.