Robert Half International Controller in Cashmere, Washington
Our construction client in the Wenatchee Valley area is looking for an experienced CONTROLLER to join the family!
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader that has exceptional financial and business acumen, executive presence and interpersonal skills, and will bring commercial and construction experience to the team.
Functions reporting to the Controller position are: Accounts Payable, Cost Accounting, Payroll and IT.
• Manage all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
• Prepares and consolidates financial statements and projections, including journal entries and ensures that they are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other regulatory requirements.
• Maintain and develop (where necessary) all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and reporting analysis and reporting.
• Ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Coordinate, prepare, review and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analysis.
• Thorough cash flow analysis to assist in all company financial decisions.
• Evaluate, design, implement, and monitor internal financial controls, accounting processes and policies for efficiency, cost effectiveness, and accuracy
• General administrative responsibilities in accounting audits and regulatory compliance, participates in external financial audits.
• Oversee and support efforts and research into reducing production and operating costs through Job Cost Analysis.
• Contract Management
• Accounts Receivable
• Review accuracy of project estimates and bid proposals, when needed.
• Import estimates and enter change orders budgets into accounting software.
• Manages all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes. Stays abreast of changing tax laws.
• Direct and oversee all accounting functions including support and training of staff.
• Oversees IT
• Must be able to lead others effectively
• Strong capability to execute tasks with quality
• Must have excellent organizational, time management, attention to detail and planning skills, and be able to multi-task effectively
• Must possess excellent mathematical skills to effectively establish and implement good accounting procedures
• Must be able to analyze and research company data in order to provide financial reporting that will help guide good business decisions that improve the company’s productivity and profitability
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suites
• Knowledge of Timberline software, a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, discretion and confidentiality
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
• 5+ years of experience as a Full Controller, or similar financial role, preferably in the construction field
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
Prior work done in public accounting is desired
Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Strong communication and social skills
Construction Accounting experience preferred
US GAAP experience desired
Exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.